Added Security is the only extended service warranty backed by Subaru.
Just like any relationship,the way you feel about your vehicle is built on trust. When you trust what you drive, you feel the freedom to explore, to experience, and to live more. To build this confidence, we look at people's real lives, at what drivers truly need to feel empowered behind the wheel. Then we come up with thoughtful solutions that put you in control, make you feel safe, and expand your ability to do the things you love with fewer limitations. Some say our solutions are simply smarter. Others just say, "I love my Subaru."
Life sometimes throws us curves and we want you to be able to handle the curves with ease. That is why we offer Added Security. Fill out the form at the right of this page to get more information and request our special Subaru warranty pricing.
1. What does an Added Security extended service contract cover?
You may choose from two different levels of coverage:
* Classic plans cover nearly 1,000 parts in all major component areas, including engine,
transmission, drivetrains, front suspension, steering, brakes, electrical, cooling and
fuel systems and air conditioning. Also provides towing and rental car reimbursement
for covered repairs.
* Gold Plus plans include all Classic plan coverage plus hundreds more parts. In fact
they provide essentially the same "bumper-to-bumper" coverage as the basic factory
warranty. Only a few maintenance items and body parts are not covered. The Gold Plus
plan also reimburses for lodging and meals when a breakdown interrupts your out-of-town
travel, plus: 24-hour emergency roadside assistance*, $100 allowance for a
"Sign & Drive" dispatched towing, jump start, tire change, gasoline delivery, locksmith
service, road hazard tire protection, computerized trip routing, dealer locator service,
and travel assistance.
2. Does Subaru also have a Maintenance Plan?
Yes, you can choose the maintenance plan best for you:
* 2 or 3 years / 24,000; 30,000; 36,000; or 45,000 miles
* Mileage intervals - 3,750 ot 7,500
These plans are especially attractive if you lease your Subaru. You can include the cost in
your payment. Then with the maintenance plan, your only auto expense may be at the gas
pump! And the roadside assistance package is included at no extra cost.
* Enables you to lock-in the cost of the scheduled maintenance required to keep your
basic factory warranty in force and your car in tip-top running condition.
* Provides service by factory trained Subaru technicians.
* Guarantees the use of genuine Subaru parts.
* Allows your car to be serviced at a quality Subaru dealer at a competitive price.
3. What other benefits do Added Security contracts include?
* Enhance the resale value of your car. Any remaining coverage can be transferred to
another private owner. Or you can cancel your coverage and apply for a pro
* If you choose a plan with a deductible, you will pay it only once for each repair visit.
Some other plans charge a deductible for each different component repaired during
the same visit.
* Added Security protects your investment and provides an inflation hedge on future
repairs. As with other goods and services, the cost of parts and labor will increase.
4. What cars are eligible for Added Security?
Added Security was created exclusively for Subaru cars. Any Subaru model that is still
covered under Subaru of America's basic warranty is eligible for Added Security, unless
it is used commercially or is equipped with a snowplow.
5. How long does the service contract coverage last?
You can select the length of coverage that best suits your needs. You have a choice
between eight different plan terms. You can even choose a plan that covers your Subaru
until it is seven years old or has accumulated 100,000 odometer miles, whichever comes
first. The plan term is calculated from the start of the factory warranty and at zero miles.
6. Where should I go to have repairs performed?
Added Security is honored throughout the United States and Canada at nearly 600
authorized Subaru dealers, where you can be sure to get genuine Subaru replacement parts
installed by factory trained Subaru technicians. However, in emergency situations, you
may call our toll-free number for assistance and approval to have the repairs done by an
authorized repair facility.
While looking for a Subaru warranty online, we know there are other companies offering
aftermarket extended warranties. These warranties are NOT backed by Subaru, however some
companies will go so far as to use the Subaru logo in trying to mislead you. Added Security
is the ONLY extended Subaru warranty backed by Subaru and is only available through a
certified Subaru dealer.
7. Will I have to pay a deductible?
No!.You can choose a plan with a zero deductible. However, plans are available with a $50 or $100 deductible. It's up to you.
Have more questions, call our Business Managers Tom Portee or Kevin Mark
at (866) 938-9505.